This 120-page hardback book contains:
- Endless warrens of background information on the skaven, including their history, quarrelsome society, and the magnificence of the Great Horned Rat.
- Heaps of artwork that captures the malign majesty of the expansive Under-Empire
- 45 warscrolls and pitched battle profiles for the insidious ratmen and their terrifying war machines, from the lowliest Clanrat to the most cunning Deathmaster
- Rules for all 6 Great Clans, plus command traits, artefacts of power, spell lores, prayers, and battle traits like Strength in Numbers and Scurry Away
- Path to Glory campaign rules that allow you to enact the circuitous plans of the Great Horned Rat, plus 11 warscroll battalions for use in narrative play
- Matched play content, including 5 grand strategies and 4 battle tactics to confound your opponents
- A showcase of scurrying swarms of Skaven miniatures from the many Great Clans, alongside guides on how to paint them yourself